Whatever this season means to you, there are a plethora of activities, events, and memories to be made. From viewing incredible lighted Chinese lanterns to a walk in the woods, Columbus is the place to be. At Village Communities, with amazing condos for sale, we love this time of year, so we’ve gathered some ideas for you to try. Which ones are your favorites or are new to you?
The Ohio Chinese Lantern Festival is back and even more incredible this year. This event runs from Nov 17th to Jan 7 with brand new light sculptures, performances, and cultural experiences. This outdoor event is at the Natural Resources Park at the Ohio State Expo Center and Fairgrounds and runs from 5:30-10pm nightly.
The Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo is in its 27th year and it is as spectacular as ever. 2 light shows, animals, Santa, and more will keep your family or date completely mesmerized. Bundle up, buy a hot chocolate and watch the zoo light up!
Gardens Aglow is this year’s theme for the holidays. View beautiful poinsettia displays, gingerbread houses, and of course lights in the foliage throughout the Franklin Park Conservatory. Check the website for more events being held throughout the month.
The North Market is the place for local food, artisan gifts, and crafts. Have family in town or just looking for something different to do? Head to the market, check out all of the seasonal events and activities and enjoy a delectable lunch or dinner. All of the vendors are in the holiday spirit!
Shadowbox never disappoints and this year is no different. Holiday Hoopla runs until Dec. 30th. Laugh along as comedy mixes with seasonal music.
Are you on the hunt for a photo op with Santa? This list will help you locate the Jolly one and help you make your photo memory for 2017!
It’s a Dickens of a Christmas at the Ohio Village on Saturday Dec 8, 9, 15, 16 and Sunday Dec 10 and 17. The Village comes alive, transporting you to a Victorian Christmas. Take a step back in time with your family.
Head out to the Ohio Railway Museum and enjoy the Letters to Santa event. There will be loads of activities for your kids to do including mailing letters to Santa in the Post Office car, take a train ride on the Interurban car, take photos with Mrs. Claus, and check out all things trains. This event takes place Dec. 9, 10, 16, and 17 from 12pm-4pm.
On Jan 31st head downtown for this family-friendly event sure to help your family welcome the New Year at First Night Columbus. There is something for everyone to do. This event begins at 5pm and continues until the ball drops at midnight.
Memories can be created in so many ways during the holidays.
- Read holiday books or any books with your children or grandchildren in front of a roaring fire.
- Take a drive around your neighborhood to take in the holiday lights. Better yet, get outside of your neighborhood and explore other areas.
- Play in the snow and then whip up a batch of homemade hot chocolate.
- Build a blanket fort by the Christmas tree and have a family sleepover. Air mattresses encouraged!
- Take a nature walk in any of the metro parks on a snowy afternoon.
- Pick up nature items, like pine cones, pine branches, and berries and make a wreath.
- String food for birds and hang it from your trees.
- Take time to eat dinner together, minus electronics, and share stories of your childhood.
- Cook together, be it cookies, latkes, popcorn, cakes, or just grilled cheese!
Take time this season to help others, make memories and revel in this thing we call life. If this transition into the 2018 year is bringing with it a change in homes for you, we’re here to help you on your journey to fine an incredible condo in one of our communities. Happy Holidays to all of you!